Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Maiden Voyages are tough

We made it to Nashville, TN on the first day of our journey but it wasn't easy!!!  The bridge over the Ohio River was over full of cars and trucks and was stopped at Exit 2.  We crawled along until we got on the bridge when the red "error" light came on the new towing system.  We had to wait until we got to a place where we could pull over and look at the problem.  Apparently, the braking system had run the battery down to the point that the engine wouldn't even turn over.  I disconnected the system and off we went.  We arrived in Nashville 2 minutes before the RV resort we were staying in closed!!  We got set up just before the rain started! 

This morning it was still raining and the dogs got us up at 5:30am but we went back to sleep until daylight.  WE have a leak!!! OH NO!!  A little water made it's way into the coach during the storm!!  GREAT!

After a call to Nexus to find a repair place near our next destination a call was made to Indy to find out about the braking system then a trip to the Ford dealership and got a new battery.  We visited the local Camping World and I let my "travel campanion" come in with me and of course she found something we couldn't live without so,  $500.00 later, we have a new mattress for our rig.  I told them that she can't come in their store again....

We are off to Alabama tomorrow!!

1 comment:

  1. Nannette - I enjoyed reading your blogs. I'll check in frequently. I am now in Port Isabel for a few days - near Brownsville.

    ReplyDelete