Wednesday, January 11, 2012

How does 3 turn into 8??

We started to leave Gulfport, MS after a very nice visit and have a leisurely drive of about 3 hours that amazingly turned into 8 hours!!  Too much!  After no levelers, no battery, no go.....but wait I am getting ahead of myself.

We had a nice hearty breakfast of grits this morning in preparation of a drive to Louisiana.  I would have liked to see New Orleans again but my "travel companion" had just been there at a bridge tournament last year and was not interested in fighting the traffic so we opted to drive on the North side of Lake Pontchatrain instead of the Southside.  As usual she was right again---but wait I am ahead of myself again!  We prepared to leave Gulfport and pulled in the slide, unfastened the water hose, did the dump thing, and went to raise the levelers and all I got was a, "click,  click, click".  the coach battery was dead again!!  Cathy went to the office of the RV resort and asked for someone to help us with a jump on the coach battery.  A nice man from Indiana came to the rescue...and got the battery jumped so I could raise the levelers.  So off we went!!!  YEAH!! I called the leveler company to ask how the levelers could draw down the battery.  Of course it is difficult to diagnose a problem from so far away.

Next I called Nexus with the same question and they too were trying to be helpful but it is very hard from Northern IN to help us in Mississippi.  They did suggest that we had a bad cell in the battery and that if we stopped at a battery store we could have it checked so off we went in search  of a battery store on the way to LA(Louisiana).

We took I12 on the Northside of the Lake and stumbled upon Dixie RV store!  We would never have found the nice man, Wayne, in the service department if we had gone to New Orleans!  He was wonderful!!!  When the Camping World service department that is attached to Dixie RV couldn't help us because they only had 2 techs and were booked solid and not able to assist.  I went over to Wayne and asked if they were buried too and he said, "well, yes but let me see what I can do".  He went into the service garage and brought back a tester and went out to the rig with me and sure enough a cell was dead in the coach battery.  Also,, he explained that there should be two batteries in that compartment and only one was there!  He installed two batteries for us and gave us the broken one to show Nexus when we get back to Indiana.

In a couple hours we were on our way!

If you ever need service on your RV and are in LA, go see Wayne at Dixie RV!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment