Thursday, January 5, 2012

Record breaking cold!

I forgot to mention that my Indiana and Illinois cousins saved our lives coming down here!!   They provided food for the road!  We left Indy about 11:00am on the 26th and got to the Southern part of Indpls. when my "travel companion" got hungry!  Fortunately, we had fruit, sausage, cheese, candy to munch on until we could reach a place to eat lunch!! Thanks to the cousins!!!  Also, our new in-laws provided wonderful nuts and candy for the road too!!  It's nice to be surrounded by such thoughtful people.

Well we survived record breaking cold in Gainesville!!  It was colder here than had been recorded in over 100 years!!  Leave it to us to be in the middle of a cold snap!!!  I am still looking for warm weather!!  The sky is a beatiful clear blue however, and the sun is bright and feels good coming in the window.  I was afraid that we had wrecked something last night however.  When I tried to make coffee this morning the water was running very very slowly....but once it ran for a little it broke loose and is fine.

I hope to get out and take some pictures of the wildlife of Gainesville to share.  I am looking out my window at a horse, two donkeys, an emu, and two peacocks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment